Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
This is a wonderful Chicken Monterey recipe. It is quite simple too 8)
Top Review by Jordan Marie
One word. Delicious. I am just starting to cook (still a teen) and I decided to make this for my family. It was a hit. My picky little sister LOVED it. I will defanitly make this again and keep this as a favorite! Easy and very yummie! Thank You for the recipie.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup barbecue sauce (your favorite(Sweet Baby Ray's is ours)
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 scallions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 small tomatoes, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray 3-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place chicken in prepared dish; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spoon sauce over.
- Bake 20 minutes, until internal temperature registers 160°.
- Place 2 slices of cooked bacon over each chicken half and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Top with the diced tomato and scallion.