Meggy Boo's Note:
This is yummy yummy in my tummy tummy! Good for using up leftover turkey from the holidays or just as good with chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 1/4 ounces quick-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken or 2 1/2 cups cooked turkey
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs or 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Prepare rice mix according to directions, set aside.
- 3Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat, add onions and celery. Saute 10 minutes.
- 4Stir in rice, chicken, 1 1/2 cups cheese, soup and next 4 ingredients.
- 5Spoon mixture into lightly greased 11x7 dish or 2 quart casserole dish.
- 6Top casserole evenly with breadcrumbs/panko crumbs.
- 7Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Chicken/Turkey and Wild Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.0
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.2 g
- Cholesterol 117.0 mg
- Sodium 939.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 27.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
quick-cooking long grain and wild rice mix