Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is yummy yummy in my tummy tummy! Good for using up leftover turkey from the holidays or just as good with chicken.
- 6 1⁄4 ounces quick-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked chicken or 2 1⁄2 cups cooked turkey
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs or 1⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare rice mix according to directions, set aside.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat, add onions and celery. Saute 10 minutes.
- Stir in rice, chicken, 1 1/2 cups cheese, soup and next 4 ingredients.
- Spoon mixture into lightly greased 11x7 dish or 2 quart casserole dish.
- Top casserole evenly with breadcrumbs/panko crumbs.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 5 minutes.