Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is yummy yummy in my tummy tummy! Good for using up leftover turkey from the holidays or just as good with chicken.
- 6 1⁄4 ounces quick-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked chicken or 2 1⁄2 cups cooked turkey
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs or 1⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare rice mix according to directions, set aside.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat, add onions and celery. Saute 10 minutes.
- Stir in rice, chicken, 1 1/2 cups cheese, soup and next 4 ingredients.
- Spoon mixture into lightly greased 11x7 dish or 2 quart casserole dish.
- Top casserole evenly with breadcrumbs/panko crumbs.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 5 minutes.