Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my absolute favorite meal. It has been a hit where ever I've made it. Quick, easy and delicious!
- 6 -8 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (use less if desired)
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 8 tortillas (depends on pan size for tortilla size)
- 16 ounces shredded colby-monterey jack cheese (use more if desired)
- Cook the chicken breasts in the oven. You can follow the directions on the packaging or if you are pinched for time you can do what I do. Shred the chicken in a food processor (slightly thawed) and spread out on a foiled cookie sheet. Be warned it will look pretty gross! Cook for about 10 minutes at 350. It will be all-white when cooked thoroughly. When cooked, reshred the chicken.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cans of soup, the sour cream, and the shredded chicken. Mix it all together and season with black pepper.
- In your baking pan (you can use a pie pan or a 9x13 pan), spread a small amount of the chicken mixture on the bottom of the pan using just enough to cover the bottom. Sprinkle some shredded cheese over the top of the chicken mixture. Cover the cheese with tortilla/s. (If you use a pie pan, you will probably only need to use one per layer. If you use a 9x13 pan, you will need to use 2 per layer). Repeat procedure until you run out of chicken mixture. Cover the last layer with the remaining cheese.
- Cook at 350°F for about 30 minutes. Cook longer if cheese is not browned.