Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe in a 2006 TOH " Quick Cooking "Cookbook. It was sent to them by Waldon Upham of Eagle River, Alaska. As of right now I haven't tried this recipe, just wanted to put it here so I didn't have to look through all my cookbooks :) If you try this before I do, please let me know if anything should be changed.Sumitted to "ZAAR " on 4/15/09. EDITED: On 9/ 3/ 09, I finally got around to making this recipe and decided to add a bit of garlic powder and a bit more pepper to the finished dish. The amount you decide is up to you. The recipe reads to serve over rice,but I think that some sort of egg noodle would be better. Happy Eating and, " Keep Smiling :) "
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can broccoli cheese soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese
- 1⁄2 cup French-fried onions
- hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil ,add broccoli and cook for 2 minutes or until broccoli is crisp tender.
- Stir in chicken,soup,milk and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until the chicken is heated through.
- Top with the cheese and onions.
- Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve over rice.
This is an easy yummy recipe, for sure...one I've made a lot. I use 2 cans of the soup (reduced fat) and skim milk. When it's done in the skillet, I transfer to a baking dish and top with the cheese so it can all bake in the oven until it's time to take it out. Thanks for posting this. I was going to post it if I didn't find one like it. :)