Recipe by Starflower
This was a combination of two of my mom's recipes that I ended up making one day when I wanted to use up some stuffing, it turned out pretty good so I thought I would share.
- 4 cups prepared stuffing
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- cut chicken into bite sized pieces and saute and brown in hot skillet with a little bit of oil or butter.
- Meanwhile put prepared stuffing in bottom of casserole dish.
- When chicken is done, top stuffing with chicken.
- In same pan chicken was cooked in melt 3 tbsp of butter, add flour to make a roux. Add chicken broth and evaporated milk stirring constantly until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese (you can add more cheese or take away depending on personal preference).
- Pour cheese mixture over chicken and stuffing. Heat in oven for 20 minutes.
- Note: you can use lower fat cheese and it works fine. You can also leave your chicken breasts whole and saute longer, but I like it more when its bite sized pieces.