Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Savory, cheesy goodness. Makes a great meal for two any night of the week!
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, flattened to 1/8 inch
- 1⁄2 cup colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1⁄2 cup flour, seasoned with
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Warm olive oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and onion and cook until soft.
- Add spinach and season with pinch of salt and pepper.
- When spinach has wilted and is coated with oil and aromatics, remove from heat and set aside.
- Take chicken breast and flatten to 1/8th of an inch.
- Season chicken with liberal amount of kosher salt and pepper and then set aside.
- Take colby jack, mozzarella, and parmesan cheeses and combine.
- Add cheese mixture to spinach mixture and stir until well incorporated.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Spread mixture evenly over chicken breasts.
- Roll up chicken breast and secure with toothpick.
- Dip rolled breast in seasoned flour, then into egg wash, then into breadcrumbs.
- Brown chicken in skillet and then place in baking pan.
- Put in the oven for 25 minutes until chicken is cooked and filling is gooey.