Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
My husband does not like squash! I decided to try a sauce over Radiatore pasta. I added roasted red pepper strips. What a hit. He loved it! He said I would never believe it was squash and so good! Simple to make. Sauce can be frozen.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash, cooked, seeded
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, strips Valasic brand
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, small cubes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- Pam cooking spray
- 2 1⁄2 cups radiatore
- Poke about 12 rows with fork tines in the Spaghetti Squash.
- Use Recipe #160177 for cooking squash on a lower power.
- Cook 15 minutes high power microwave.
- Remove and cut in half, remove seeds.
- Pile squash in a medium mixing bowl. If there is any liquid in the squash halves, add to bowl. Add soup, onion and pepper. Mix.
- Place in a greased medium flat glass casserole dish.
- Bake 375* for 20 minutes.
- Add cheese cubes, sprinkle on top. Cook 5 to 7 more minutes.
- Bring water to boil in a large pot, add pasta. Cook about 11 minutes. Drain. Do not rinse.
- Pile in a large serving bowl and spoon sauce in the pasta. Gently toss. You will see the melted cheese in some areas and the red peppers. (See my recipe for cooking squash).
- Serve sliced canned or fresh peaches on the side.