1/1 Photo of Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti Squash Sauce over Pasta
Montana Heart Song's Note:
My husband does not like squash! I decided to try a sauce over Radiatore pasta. I added roasted red pepper strips. What a hit. He loved it! He said I would never believe it was squash and so good! Simple to make. Sauce can be frozen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Poke about 12 rows with fork tines in the Spaghetti Squash.
- 2Use Microwave - Spaghetti Squash, Small Hubbard Squash for cooking squash on a lower power.
- 3Cook 15 minutes high power microwave.
- 4Remove and cut in half, remove seeds.
- 5Pile squash in a medium mixing bowl. If there is any liquid in the squash halves, add to bowl. Add soup, onion and pepper. Mix.
- 6Place in a greased medium flat glass casserole dish.
- 7Bake 375* for 20 minutes.
- 8Add cheese cubes, sprinkle on top. Cook 5 to 7 more minutes.
- 9Bring water to boil in a large pot, add pasta. Cook about 11 minutes. Drain. Do not rinse.
- 10Pile in a large serving bowl and spoon sauce in the pasta. Gently toss. You will see the melted cheese in some areas and the red peppers. (See my recipe for cooking squash).
- 11Serve sliced canned or fresh peaches on the side.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti Squash Sauce over Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.0
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 28.3 mg
- Sodium 922.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 15.4 g