Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I wanted to use the new Mueller's Pot Sized Spaghetti. I took a Mueller's recipe idea and completely changed it to suit our tastes. So it somewhat resembles the original recipe in that it's cheesy, has chicken and the pot sized spaghetti. After that there's not a lot in common.
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins (diced into 1 inch pieces)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces mueller's pot-sized spaghetti (half the box...or regular spaghetti broken in half)
- 4 tablespoons sweet onions (diced)
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen broccoli stems (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 3 teaspoons bacon drippings
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paul prudhomme magic poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese (diced)
- 1⁄2 parmesan cheese (shredded)
- Using a gallon sized storage bag mix chicken, garlic powder, onion powder, Paul Prudhomme Poultry Magic seasoning, crushed rosemary, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil. Shake really well to make sure all pieces of chicken are coated in seasonings and oil.
- Heat bacon drippings in an extra large deep skillet between medium and medium high and add chicken pieces. Stirring regularly cook until light golden brown about 10-2 minutes. Take out the fattest piece of chicken and cut in half to check and see if completely cooked. Remove from pan to a plate with a paper towel to absorb the oils. Then clean pan to use again or if you're into doing dishes use a different skillet.
- Defrost broccoli in microwave but don't cook all the way through. Usually about 45 seconds to 1 minute. Use the amount of water specified on the package.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the cream of chicken soup and the chicken broth until smooth.
- Re-using the extra large skillet heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil between medium and medium high heat. Add the pot sized spaghetti. Stirring constantly brown the spaghetti about 5 minutes. Slowly add the chicken broth mixture. Bring to a boil then cover and turn to simmer for 5 minutes. Add broccoli and continue to simmer another 5 minutes. Add diced mozzarella and most of the Parmesan cheese keeping out enough for garnish. Heat until cheese is melted. After placing on dishes or bowls garnish with the remaining Parmesan cheese.