Prep 35 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 7 ounces of uncooked vermicelli or 7 ounces spaghetti
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 lb processed cheese spread, cubed
- 2 cups of cubed cooked chicken
- cook the vermicelli to the desired doneness as directed on the package.
- Drain meanwhile heat the oven to 350 degrees spray 91/2 inch deep dish pie pan with non stick cooking spray Beat egg into large bowl,add a 1/4 cup of margarine and parmesan cheese,mix well,add the cooked vermicelli,toss to coat,spoon the mixture evenly into sprayed pie pan,pushing mixture slighty up sides of pan to form crust.
- melt 1 tbls of butter in med sauce pan over med heat,add onion;cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- add mixed vegetables,tomatoes and worcestire sauce;mix well.
- cook five minutes.
- add cheese,cook stirring constantly until melted.
- stir in the chicken.
- spoon evenly into vermicelli-lined pan.
- bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until filling is set in,the crust 1s light and golden brown.
- let stand 10 monutwes before serving.
- cut into wedges to serve,.