Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another recipe from my sister-in-law but I changed to can chicken instead of cutting up chicken and boiling etc. One of my nephews favorite dish! Can be heated in microwave covered for 10 minutes or bake in oven uncovered for 20-30 minutes.
- 2 (12 ounce) cans chicken, break chicken apart undrained (white, dark or mix)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans reduced-fat chicken broth
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb sliced fresh mushrooms (optional)
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos
- 1 chopped bell pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) canspicy cheese soup
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- parmesan cheese (jar)
- Grease 9 x 13 glass dish.
- Bring chicken broth to boil, add can chicken, and pasta, cook till pasta done and most of the broth is absorbed.
- DO NOT DRAIN.
- Pour into glass dish.
- Sauté in butter, onion, bell pepper, pimentos, and sliced mushrooms till onions and mushrooms wilted.
- Spread over chicken and pasta.
- Mix with wire whisk over low heat cheese soup, evaporated milk, stirring till heated, then pour over vegetables covering top of casserole.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
I really think this could use some spices. None of my family went back for seconds. It was like pulling teeth to get the kids to eat. I'm gonna add some spices and some extra cheese and try to get them to eat it tomorrow night. I don't like to waste it. I also had to add some extra chicken broth to the noodles, they wanted to stick to the pan and they weren't even cooked yet. I made this for My 3 Chefs Nov 2008.