Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a super easy dish. Although it says bottled minced garlic, regular minced garlic works just the same! I got this from find.myrecipes.com. Also reduced-fat cheddar works well.
- 9 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- cooking spray
- 1 cup frozen chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 cups frozen chopped cooked chicken, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
- Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion and garlic; sauté 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, seasoning, and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Stir in 1 cup cheese, cooked spaghetti, and chicken. Spoon into a 3-quart casserole coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake at 350º for 15 minutes.
Made this recipe to share with a neighbor couple who likes my mac & cheese & almost anything else that's cooked pasta! Loved the chicken/spaghetti combo, though it's obvious that the cooking time is definitely more than 0 minutes! I used chicken breasts this time around, but another time I'd like to try some diced BBQ chicken, which would give it even more flavor from both the BBQ & from using a combo of white & dark meat! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]