Recipe by mydesigirl
This is total comfort food! I made it for dinner and used minced onion and cream of chicken soup instead of how it is posted. My family raved!! I'm afraid to see the calories/fat in this....
Top Review by chezcarol
This person posted a recipe, not posted on a forum asking for nutritional advice. If you want to make it with cheddar cheese and a roux, do so. But don't rate it poorly simply because it has a single ingredient you don't exactly agree with (just as I wouldn't giving 2 stars for disliking onions).
- 4 -5 chicken breasts
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup potato chips, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil chicken until done, remove from water and shred.
- Using broth from chicken, plus enough water (if needed) to boil spaghetti.
- While the noodles are boiling, in a separate pan, cook onion in butter.
- Mix cheese and soup with onion until it makes a sauce -- be careful not to burn it!
- Drain the spaghetti and add the cheese mixture to it.
- Add the shredded chicken and place in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Add crushed potato chips on top.
- Bake at 350F 20-30 minutes until bubbly.