1/2 Photos of Cheesy Chicken Soup
Shawn C's Note:
This is a great way to make a big meal with a little bit of ingredients
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 1/4 cup celery, diced small (one large stalk)
- 2 cups broccoli, about 1 bunch chopped
- 1 carrot, diced small
- 1/2 cup onion, diced small (about 1 small onion)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese (i used 2% milk kind)
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
- 12 slices bacon
- 1place bacon on a foil lined cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes until crispy. in large pot, boil potatoes in hot salted water for about 15-20 minutes until JUST fork tender. meanwhile in small to medium saucepan place 1/2 stick butter and the broccoli, onion, celery, carrot and onion. start on a medium heat and stir often to coat vegetables with the melting butter.
- 2cut chicken up into very small dices and add to the saucepan with the vegeatbles and continue to cook until no longer pink.
- 3drain potatoes very well and rinse quickly w cold water to remove any foam or starch. drain bacon on paper towels.
- 4rinse the large pot and add to it the rest of butter and let melt, add flour and whisk until blended and starts to smell nutty and becomes golden color. add milk and broth and whisk vigorously to combine.
- 5add the entire sauce pan ingredietns to larger pot. put the potatoes back inches salt pepper and garlic powder next.
- 6add velveeta and let simmer on a low heat, stirring often to prevent scorching bottom of soup. once velveeta melts add cheddar and continue until it is melted. taste and adjust seasonings.
- 7serve with 2 slices bacon crumbled on top each serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 587.4
- Calories from Fat 425
- Total Fat 47.2 g
- Saturated Fat 26.9 g
- Cholesterol 140.9 mg
- Sodium 1332.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 26.7 g