Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I finally found the answer to getting my 4 year old daughter to eat broccoli, with my kids you can never go wrong with cheese. This recipe came from Food & family a free magazine from Kraft.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese, cut up
- 2 cups prepared cooked rice
- Heat oil in large skillet on med-high heat.
- Add chicken, cook 7 minutes. turning after 3 1/2 minutes. Add broccoli, stir. Stir in soup and velveeta until well blended. Reduce heat to med low and simmer 7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Serve over rice.
This was pretty good. My kids loved it and lets face it when you can get your kids to eat broccoli willingly then you know the recipe is a winner. I did end up mixing everything together just to make it easier for my kids to eat. Flavors were kind of bland but nothing a little more seasoning won't fix. Overall we liked it pretty good and I will make it again with a few little tweeks.
My kids ate this well. I told them it was like macaroni and cheese made with rice. I used precooked chicken and started with some sauted onions and garlic. I used cauliflower instead of broccoli.
Excellent dish. I recommend chopping the chicken and adding a little milk to thin the sauce. Excellent creamy flavor.