Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
This warm, open-faced sandwich is easy to put together and really hits the spot. Something a little different from the standard lunch fare.
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- 141.74 g canned chicken, drained
- 85.04 g cream cheese, softened
- 29.58 ml green onions, chopped
- 6 bagels, halved
- Combine first four ingredients; mix well.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons cheese misture on each bagel half.
- Place 2 sandwich halves at a time on a paper towel in the microwave.
- Microwave on high for 30 to 60 seconds or until hot.
- Cheese may not appear melted.
- Repeat for remaining sandwiches.
This is my mom's recipe and I confess I didn't think much of it when I was a kid. I don't know why though, because I tried it again recently and it is SO GOOD. It is a little rich, so I suggest being liberal with the green onions to offset that (but I am a green onion freak, so I would say that!)
This made for a nice, fast, easy lunch today. I followed the recipe as written other then I didn't add the green onions. I did change the directions some. I mixed all the ingredients and microwaved for about 45 seconds. I toasted the bagels and then topped with the filling. I then microwaved for 20 seconds. We both enjoyed these.
This was excellent and so fast!! I used it as paninni filling. I doubled the recipe, then heated the mixture in the microwave for about 1 minute. I mixed in some diced red pepper and put it on buns, then into the paninni press. Awesome quick sandwich! Thank you!