Recipe by ratwoman
This warm, open-faced sandwich is easy to put together and really hits the spot. Something a little different from the standard lunch fare.
Top Review by Wigglesworth
This is my mom's recipe and I confess I didn't think much of it when I was a kid. I don't know why though, because I tried it again recently and it is SO GOOD. It is a little rich, so I suggest being liberal with the green onions to offset that (but I am a green onion freak, so I would say that!)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 5 ounces canned chicken, drained
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 6 bagels, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first four ingredients; mix well.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons cheese misture on each bagel half.
- Place 2 sandwich halves at a time on a paper towel in the microwave.
- Microwave on high for 30 to 60 seconds or until hot.
- Cheese may not appear melted.
- Repeat for remaining sandwiches.