Recipe by Lainey6605
Got this from a magazine clipping. My family enjoyed it. It has just the right amount of spice. Velveeta cheese is recommended for creaminess.
Top Review by Queen Puff
This was a nice, light dish I served along with salad and rolls. I used the Velveeta cheese as specified and it was perfect. I also found this recipe in a magazine clipping with one difference of adding one 16 ounce package of frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrot blend. I suppose the recipe had been recently updated by Velveeta. I did also add a few seasonings to the chicken just as a personal preference because I thought it might be a little on the bland side. But it turned out well and was a nice quick, easy dinner. Thanks for posting.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli
- 1 (10 ounce) canrotel diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and stir chicken in large skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat for 5-10 minutes or until nicely browned and no longer pink inside.
- Stir in water; bring to a boil.
- Stir in pasta.
- Cover and simmer on medium low heat for 10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Add remaining ingredients; stir.
- Cook, covered, 5-7 minutes, or until cheese is completely melted and broccoli is crisp tender, stirring frequently.