Recipe by rcrucksh
If you love chicken and cheese then you will love this recipe! It has been a long time hit with family and friends. I've passed it on to almost every person who has tried it for them to cook it themselves. Enjoy!
Top Review by Martha Cooks!
I found this recipe while searching at my husband's request. His step-mom used to make this for him. He insisted that you just dump a can of cream of chicken soup on top... I knew that couldn't be right. I used shreded cheddar and montery jack. I was a little low on cheese. So, I threw a slice of processed cheese in to make it a little cheeser. I also added about a tsp of salt. We like things salty in this household. I also used the garlic and butter crescent rolls... yummy. I used reduced fat cream of chicken soup. The chicken was leftover from tacos last night. It was shreded and had cooked all day on low in the crock pot the day before with cream of chicken soup and a can of rotel. I'm sure that this recipe would be delicious with plain chicken. This was just what I had to use up. I tend to like chicken fillings shredded. Also, I had to cover the dish with foil towards the end of the baking time to prevent the top from burning. Thanks for the great recipe. I have a happy husband now!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls (makes 16 rolls-low fat version is just as good)
- 2 cups skim milk or 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 (8 ounce) bagshredded kraft sharp 2% cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs chicken breasts
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup (reduced fat is just as good)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil chicken until fully cooked.
- Let cool; cut into small pieces.
- Mix 1/2 cheese and chicken pieces together.
- Unroll crescent rolls (1 package at a time, keep refrigerated until then or they get sticky).
- Roll up chicken and cheese in side rolls.
- Simmer 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1 cup of milk and 1 cup of cheese until cheese is melted.
- Pour soup mixture in pan to coat and place roll ups on top. Pour additional soup mixture on top of rolls.
- Bake at 375°F for 45-60 minutes depending on number of roll ups.
- Make additional soup mixture to top rolls ups.