Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a recipe that I haven't tried yet, but it sounded so delicious, that I thought I'd pass it on, and it's on my to do list!! This is another of Campbell's delicious and quick recipes.
- 1 (10 ounce) cancampbells condensed low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, part-skin, shredded
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, lightly grated
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave, chopped
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, 1-inch cubed
- 3⁄4 cup arborio rice or 3⁄4 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Mix soup water, milk and cheese in shallow 2-quart baking dish. Stir in all remaining ingredients except parsley. Cover.
- Bake at 400F for 35 minutes. Stir.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes or until hot and rice is tender. Sprinkle with parsley and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
This is a super tasty, easy, and healthy meal that really only takes a few minutes to put together. I chop the spinach up so that my preschooler doesn't find giant green pieces, and it also makes it easier to mix together. We've also upped the parmesan cheese to give it some more kick.