Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Great comfort food. From Taste of Home.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 to 6)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 cups fresh broccoli or 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- additional paprika
- additional pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook 10 minutes or until browned. Set chicken aside.
- Add soup, water, paprika and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice and broccoli.
- Return chicken to skillet. Sprinkle chicken with additional paprika and pepper.
- Top with cheese.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and rice is done.