Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe was given to me by my Sister. It is easy to make and very good.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Stir soup, water, rice, onion powder, black pepper and vegetables in an 11" x 8" (2 quart) baking dish.
- Top with chicken.
- Season chicken as desired, cover.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 50 minutes or until chicken and rice are done.
- Top with cheese.
- Let casserole stand.
- Stir rice before serving.
This is a very simple and tasty dinner. You can put it together in less time than it takes the oven to pre-heat, slide it in and do something else for the next 50 mins. The rice is well cooked and tender with the same for the chicken. The flavor is very mild and will be loved by the youngsters but it would be very easy to spice up with cayenne, Tabasco or your choice of seasonings for those prefer it. I Sprinkles some paprika on the chicken so it would have some color when done. I'll make this again. Made for PhotoTag.