I just made this tonight, with barely anything in the cupboard. I served it up with some crescent rolls and use a bag of Uncle Ben's garlic butter rice. If you use regular rice, I suggest putting two tablespoons butter and some garlic powder in with your rice while it simmers. Feel free to add a bag of frozen veggies in. I normally don't buy them except for specific things, so I didn't have them.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cook rice as per directions on box or bag, more rice can be used but at least a cup.
- Combine can of cream of chicken with whipping cream, mix well. Add chicken bullion cube.
- Take chicken breasts and slice into inch, inch and a half strips (if you want to keep them whole, adjust cooking time).
- Pour rice, cream of chicken mixture, and cheese into a medium sized casserole dish.
- Bury chicken strips into mixture.
- Add pepper to taste and veggies (optional).
- Mix well and cover with tinfoil.
- Check chicken to see if its done after about 40 minutes, depends on if you kept them whole or how big the strips are.