Recipe by Tallie in Pacific NW
Campbell's 5min prep, throw it in the oven-and in an hr and a half later-Yeah! Dinner! Need I say more?
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this for some company we had unexpectedly & it was GREAT! I did add some peas & carrots to the mix & sliced each breast into 5 slender strips, but that was it! Easy prep & very nice tasting! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick A Chef]
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 2 2⁄3 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (8 oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- MIX soup, water, rice onion powder and black pepper in 3-qt shallow glass baking dish. Top with chicken. Sprinkle chicken with additional pepper.
- COVER and bake @ 375F for 45min, check and bake for another 45min, or until chicken is no longer pink and rice is done.
- UNCOVER. Sprinkle cheese over chicken and bake and additional 10min.
- GET YOUR VEGGIES: Stir 2 cups fresh, canned or frozen vegetables into the soup mixture before topping with chicken.