Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Campbell's 5min prep, throw it in the oven-and in an hr and a half later-Yeah! Dinner! Need I say more?
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 2 2⁄3 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- MIX soup, water, rice onion powder and black pepper in 3-qt shallow glass baking dish. Top with chicken. Sprinkle chicken with additional pepper.
- COVER and bake @ 375F for 45min, check and bake for another 45min, or until chicken is no longer pink and rice is done.
- UNCOVER. Sprinkle cheese over chicken and bake and additional 10min.
- GET YOUR VEGGIES: Stir 2 cups fresh, canned or frozen vegetables into the soup mixture before topping with chicken.
Made this for some company we had unexpectedly & it was GREAT! I did add some peas & carrots to the mix & sliced each breast into 5 slender strips, but that was it! Easy prep & very nice tasting! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick A Chef]
So, I just finished this recipe. At 45 minutes I checked my chicken and rice, and It was not done. About 20 minutes later, I took it out, cut the chicken open and it was done. But the rice and everything around the chicken was quite watery, I mixed the rice, put it back in for 10 minutes with cheese on the chicken, and still, the rice mixture was wet. Besides that, It smells good but its cooling so no taste feedback