Recipe by Ann Arber
This is an always favorite dish at our house. Cheezy and good. I got it from a BH&G casserole book. I changed it a little adding much more liquid so it is creamy.
Top Review by MyMagicMoo
I will definatly be making this again! this was so easy and would definatly serve 9 like the recipe says. I used the recommended amount of basil then after i put the chicken in the pan i sprinkled a light coat of the italian seasoning as well. The flavors turned out great! Made this for a Bargain Basement Tag (and im so glad i did)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons basil (or italian seasoning)
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant rice
- 5 chicken breast halves (, uncooked for slow bake, cooked for hurry up dinner)
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 10 ounces broccoli stems (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix soup, sour cream, milk, and basil, and rice.
- Put in a greased 9x13 pan.
- Put chicken slices, cooked or uncooked on top.
- Place broccoli spears between chicken if using.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake 1 hour at 350 for uncooked chicken.
- Bake about forty minutes for already cooked chicken.
- If using already cooked, you can cook this for 15 minutes in the microwave, covered with wax paper.
- Last ten minutes put cheese on top.
- You can uncover now so cheese doesnt stick.