Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are yummy, quick, easy and CHEESY :) You only need 4 ingredients to make these delicious pockets and they can be served as a main dish or as appetizers.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- salt and pepper
- 1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 cup chunky salsa or 1 cup picante sauce
- 10 8-inch flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 425*.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and cook in lightly greased skillet until cooked through and juices evaporate, stirring often.
- Add soup and salsa and heat through.
- Spread about 1/3 cup of mixture on half of each tortilla, leaving a 1/2 inch edge.
- Moisten edges with water, fold tortillas over and press edges to seal.
- Place on baking sheets.
- Bake 5 minutes.
This was very, very good. I added a little bit of shredded cheese before placing in the oven, but otherwise followed the recipe verbatim. They turned out delicious and was relatively easy.
Tasty. I wanted to try something different and this sounded like it. It was easy to make and ready to eat quickly. I wanted to cut the fat grams so I used some 8 inch "Fat Free Tortillas" that had only 89 calories, as opposed to the 10 inch whole wheat I used to use that has 200 calories and 4.5 g of fat. I may add some shredded fat free cheese on top of the mixture before folding over the tortillas, to give it that extra melted cheese oomph. Thanks Karen, great recipe.
Husband loved these! I used Recipe #9272 but on the spicy side. This was really easy to throw together and then I just put them in the flavorwave for a couple minutes to brown. Served with a salad for a nice quick dinner. Thanks so much!!