Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe came from a can of Campbell's Pepper Jack Soup. It is a little too spicy for my very young children so I usually just make them one or two quesadillas with just the cooked chicken and cheese.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cook chicken in a non-stick skillet until almost done, then add the garlic.
- Add the soup and water and cook until heated through.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture on half of each tortilla. Sprinkle a couple of tablespoons of cheese on top. Then moisten the edge and fold over. Press to seal the edge.
- Place on baking sheets and cook for about five minutes. When you get them out of the oven, let them sit for a minute or two then cut into wedges.
These were very good. I made my own very thick southwestern cheddar jack soup adding chopped green onion and chopped jalapenos. I then stirred in the cooked chicken (seasoned with garlic, s/p, and cumin). I heated the quesadillas in a skillet as it was just too hot to turn the oven on today. Served with sour cream and Picante sauce.
These were good and easy to make. I had frozen cooked chicken in the freezer so was able to make these up fast. They are messy but good.
Really good quesadillas. I couldn't find the pepper jack soup so I used a cheddar cheese soup and melted some grated pepper jack in it. Simple, ooey-gooey and messy - loved them! Thanks Margie for a nice keeper. Made for your win in Tic Tac Toe.