Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
A weight watchers recipe I obtained from a message board at www.dwlz.com. Per serving of 2 each: 230 calories, 6 gm fat, 2 gm fiber. WW Points per serving : 5 You could also add more veggies to make this more "pot pie-ish". This may change your point count, depending on what you add.
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) canhomestyle refrigerated biscuits or 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can buttermilk biscuits
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, diced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
- 2⁄3 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Separate biscuits and place each biscuit in a cup of an ungreased 12-hole muffin pan, pressing dough up sides to edge of cup.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, chicken soup, cheddar cheese, parsley flakes, and black pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Evenly spoon chicken mixture into prepared biscuit cups.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Place muffin pan on a wire rack and let set for 2-3 minutes. Serve at once.
Made this recipe tonight for supper for DH and myself - made pretty much as directed with a couple of additions - 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning and 1/2 tsp garlic powder. I used the big buttermilk biscuits and prior to putting them into the cups I rolled them between two pieces of wax paper which made them easier to press into the cups evenly. I'll be freezing the leftovers for quick heat & eat for DH while I'm out of town. Thank you AndreaVT96 for posting.
These were unbelievably easy to make. Hubby couldn't stop eating them. I used bigger bisquits as someone else suggested, They were the "flaky" kind. Since there were only 8 in a tube and I had 12 to make, I ended up splitting four of them in half. The ones that I split up actually turned out better then the ones where I used the whole biscuit. (The large biscuits came out undercooked on the bottoms. I put them back in the oven for an extra 10 minutes, and they were still doughy.) I recommend NOT using a bigger, thicker biscuit.
Absolutely yummy and filling! I had 30 min. to get dinner on the table and fortunately had everything on hand to make this. I sauteed onions, sliced baby carrots, corn and garlic while I formed the biscuits into a 6-cup jumbo muffin pan. I had to split a few biscuits from a 10 count can to form 6 jumbo cups. I used Healthy Request soup, low-fat cheddar and about 1/2 cup extra chicken breast. This will definitely be enjoyed again here!