Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I am always looking for simple yet filling casserole type recipes to fix for busy weeknights. I found this recipe at our local grocery store. Delicious and very easy to make!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Cook pasta as directed on package. Cook and stir chicken and basil in large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium high heat 3 minutes. Stir in spaghetti sauce and tomatoes; bring to boil. Simmer on low heat 3 minutes or until chicken done.
- Drain pasta mixture; return to pan. Stir in chicken mixture and 1/2 cup mozarella. Spoon into 2 qt casserole or 8 inch square baking dish.
- Bake 20 minutes; top with remaining cheeses. Bake 3 minutes or until mozzarella is melted.