1 hr 10 mins
This recipe is from the WebMD.com site.I made a few changes because of what I had on hand.I used turkey instead of chicken,chicken broth in replace of the white wine and mozzarella instead of gruyere.It was very tasty and it makes a lot so it's great for leftovers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces whole wheat penne
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup gruyere or 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken or 3 cups turkey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- 2Add pasta and cook 5 minutes.
- 3Add cauliflower florets and cook until the pasta and florets are tender,about 4 minutes more.
- 4Drain,rinse and return to pot.
- 5Meanwhile,heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- 6Add onion and cook,stirring until tender,2 to 3 minutes.
- 7Add wine and cook until reduced slightly,about 1 minute.
- 8Whisk milk,flour,salt & pepper together in a bowl and add to the pan.
- 9Bring to a boil over medium -high heat,stirring frequently.
- 10Cook,stirring until thickened,about 1 minute.
- 11Reduce heat to low and stir in cheese until smooth.
- 12Stir chicken and mustard into the cheese sauce;cook until heated through,about 2 minutes.
- 13Stir the sauce into the drained pasta and cauliflower.
- 14Serve sprinkled with chives.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Chicken Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 440.3
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 78.4 mg
- Sodium 481.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 33.8 g