Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this from the kraft email newsletter that I receive. You can substitute 2 cups of any frozen veggies you have on hand. A very quick and healthy meal.
- 3 cups egg noodles, uncooked
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- fresh parsley (optional)
- Bring large pot of water to a boil.
- add noodles and chicken.
- cook for 8 minutes or until chicken is done and noodles are tender.
- add broccoli after 6 minutes.
- Drain and return to pot.
- Add broth, cream cheese, and mayonnaise.
- Heat just to a simmer on medium-low heat.
- Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes stirring constantly until cream cheese is melted and sauce is well blended.
- Add shredded cheese, stir for 1 minute or until melted.
- sprinkle with fresh parsley if desired.
Pretty good. I roughly doubled the recipe, served with garlic bread and salad. Omitted the broccoli because of veggie-haters in the house. The whole family ate it happily, although I think it could use some seasoning - next time, I'll use a little garlic salt and poultry seasoning, I think!