Recipe by Jadelabyrinth
This is a very modified version of Super Easy Chicken Manicotti. I use banquet chicken tenders because they are longer than the other brands and I put in one per manicotti and I had two leftover. This will make 5-6 8"x8" pans of manicotti depending on how many you put in each pan. I make five.
Top Review by ElizabethKnicely
These taste really good. I did not make these ahead of time or do the OAMC option. I made one box of manicotti which made 14 for a family of 5. I made them as directed and then cooked them with the refrigerator directions and they turned out great. Also, I used Tyson Chicken Fries in place of the Breaded Chicken Tenderloins and it left lots more room for cheese, which is our favorite part. Thanks for a great, quick and easy dinner. Made for Spring 2013 PAC.
- 1 (28 1/2 ounce) bag breaded chicken tenders
- 3 (8 ounce) packages manicotti, uncooked
- 3 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 2 (8 ounce) bagsshredded lowfat mozzarella cheese
- 1 (30 ounce) low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Using one jar of sauce, spread an equal amount of sauce on the bottom of each 8"x8" pan.
- Using a butter knife spread a thin coat of ricotta cheese inside each manicotti noodle.
- Insert chicken into uncooked manicotti shells, choose which end to stuff from wisely, the tenders will fit but you have to squeeze them in gently.
- Fill in the ends of the manicotti with the remaining ricotta cheese.
- Place shells on spaghetti sauce in dish. To make five pans place 8-9 in each pan. To make 6 pans, place 7 in each pan.
- Pour remaining spaghetti sauce evenly over shells, covering completely. Add 1/4 cup of water to each pan.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. STOP HERE.
- TO STORE IN REFRIGERATOR: Cover the unbaked manicotti tightly with aluminum foil. Refrigerate no longer than 24 hours.
- TO STORE IN FREEZER: Wrap unbaked manicotti tightly with labeled aluminum foil Or cover with foil and place in a labeled freezer bag. Freeze no longer than 1 month.
- TO COOK FROM REFRIGERATOR: Heat oven to 350 degrees and cook covered pan for 1 hour and fifteen minutes, or until noodles are tender.
- TO COOK FROM FREEZER: Heat oven to 350 degrees and cook covered pan for 1 hour and 50 minutes, or until noodles are tender.