Recipe by Saraphym
I discovered this when I attempted to make another recipe on Recipezaar, and it turned out really good!
Top Review by Funandsweet623
Was good and easy to make. I cooked the chicken and the bacon together to give the chicken more flavor. It made alot so we had a lot of leftovers even though I cut back on some of the ingredients.
- 1 (8 ounce) box macaroni and cheese mix
- 1⁄4 cup pasta (any)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 slices bacon (I used Turkey Bacon)
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese (or whatever you like)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all pasta (including from mac n cheese) to boiling water.
- While that cooks, cook the bacon, drain and set aside.
- When pasta is tender, drain, return to pot and add milk, cheese sauce mix, butter and sour cream.
- Simmer on low while you cook the chicken.
- Cook chicken in the pan you cooked the bacon in (use some of the bacon fat).
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper as it cooks.
- While chicken is cooking, dice bacon.
- Layer mac n cheese, bacon, diced chicken and cheeses in casserole dish (I used rectangular type dish).
- Bake 30 minutes or until heated through.