Recipe by internetnut
Here is a fun alternative to your normal lasagna, chicken and ranch flavor! . It is so delicious and not that complicated to make. You can increase the cheese too it you like it extra cheesy. Easy Parmesan Knots would go great with this dish, then add a tossed salad and dinner’s done. The only problem I had with the recipe is there were too many noodles for the amount of chicken sauce mixture. I would recommend reducing the noodles to 8-12 oz. This came from Real Mom Kitchen.
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk (not fat-free)
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry ranch dressing mix
- 3 cups cubed cooked, chicken
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) lasagna noodles, cooked (I recommend reducing it to 8 oz to 12 oz)
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- Cook the chicken and noodles first at the same time. Once noodles are done–rinse in cold water and set aside (it keeps them from sticking together).
- Combine evaporated milk (don’t use fat-free version) and Ranch dressing in a 3 quart heavy saucepan. Heat over low heat, stirring frequently until dry ingredients are dissolved. Stir in chicken and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, 25 minutes (don’t do any less), stirring frequently.
- Layer half of lasagna noodles, poultry sauce, and cheese in well-buttered 9×13 pan. Repeat layers again.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.