Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Found this on the web -- different from the traditional lasagna!
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup pimiento, drained & chopped
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 tablespoon basil
- 1 3⁄4 cups cottage cheese
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions and drain well.
- Saute onion and bell pepper in butter until onion is clear and tender.
- Stir in soup, mushrooms, pimento, wine and basil.
- Layer half the noodles in a 9 X 13 baking dish.
- Top with half the sauce, followed in layers with half the cottage cheese, chicken, cheddar and parmesan cheese.
- Repeat layers starting with noodles.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.
- Take out, top with remaining cheese and bake for 5 more minutes to melt cheese.
I made this using Wildflour's recipe for Recipe #135429. It worked great with this recipe. I omitted the green pepper (personal preference), but other than that made as posted. My friend and I really enjoyed this recipe a lot! I love making different kinds of lasagna, and this one did not dissapoint! It's great! Made and reviewed for Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #14. Linda