Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great recipe when serving a lot of people. If you love the taste of cilantro, you will love this cream sauce!
- 4 thin sliced chicken breasts or 4 boneless chicken thighs
- 6 -8 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled or 6 -8 slices use bacon bits
- 1⁄2 cup sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, grated
- monterey chicken seasoning
Cilantro Cream Sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 (7 ounce) can salsa verde
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 small lime, juice of
- Take chicken pieces and season each piece with Monterey Chicken Seasoning to taste. Using a lightly greased grill pan or grill, cook chicken until throughly cooked. After chicken has throughly cooked and is brown on both sides, transfer to a pizza pan/cookie sheet. Sprinkle each.
- piece of chicken with bacon bits, pepper jack cheese and sharp white cheese. Broil just until cheese melts. Serve with Cilantro Cream Sauce.
- Cilantro Cream Sauce:.
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream and salsa in food processor/blender. Add in pepper, celery salt, cumin, garlic powder, cilantro and lime juice. Blend until smooth and creamy. Place in a serving bowl.