Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a super easy and delicious recipe everyone will love. My mom used to make this when i was a kid.
- Fritos corn chips
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- grated cheddar cheese (I like to use sharp cheddar)
- 1 cup of fresh diced tomato
- sour cream
- salt or pepper
- Dice chicken, cook in a skillet with margarine, salt and pepper, set aside.
- Mix chiles and soup together.
- Put an even layer of Fritos on the bottom of a casserole dish (I usually use a 2qt).
- Layer on top of the fritos as follows:.
- cooked chicken, soup/chile mix, tomatoes, cheese.
- Bake at 350 until heated through, and cheese is bubbly.
- Serve with sour cream.
I made this one time for my little brother and everytime he visits he wants it. Plus my kids and husband love it too. Thinking of trying it with beef one day to see if its any good.
This was awsome my kids and husband love it.
This is a good base recipe. However, more seasoning is needed. I added another can of 'fire roasted' diced green peppers and more salt and pepper to the actual mixture. I think next time some Chipotle pepper would be delicious, maybe a little cumin. This is an ok recipe as is.