Sassy Cat's Note:
This is my husbands recipe. Please give it a try the cheese crackers give the meat a great taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1First let explain that I usually do not measure ingredients, thus the lack of exact measurements.
- 2Make the cheese cracker crumbs out of your favorite cheese crackers.
- 3Do not use regular cracker because there is a huge taste difference.
- 4Season the cutlets with garlic salt and pepper.
- 5I use a Parmesan cheese container (like they have at your favorite italian restaurant) to sprinkle flour onto my meat.
- 6Sprinkle meat with flour.
- 7Dip the cutlets into the egg and then into the cracker crumbs.
- 8Place the breaded cutlets on a platter and let rest in the refridgerator for 15 minutes or longer.
- 9This helps the breading stay on the cutlets.
- 10If your in a hurry you can skip this step just make sure the meat is cooked on one side before turning or you will loose the breading.
- 11Fry cutlet in oil until golden brown.
- 12Place on a paper lined platter, and keep warm until ready to serve.
- 13Heat gravy with mushrooms.
- 14Serve cutlet and pass the gravy to put on top of the meat.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Chicken Fried Steak
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.2
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 107.9 mg
- Sodium 748.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 9.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: