Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my husbands recipe. Please give it a try the cheese crackers give the meat a great taste.
Make and share this Cheesy Chicken Fried Steak recipe from Food.com.
- 4 beef steaks or 4 pork cube steaks
- garlic salt
- 2 cups cheese crackers, crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 can of your favorite beef gravy, I use franco american beef gravy,actually low in fat.
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- First let explain that I usually do not measure ingredients, thus the lack of exact measurements.
- Make the cheese cracker crumbs out of your favorite cheese crackers.
- Do not use regular cracker because there is a huge taste difference.
- Season the cutlets with garlic salt and pepper.
- I use a Parmesan cheese container (like they have at your favorite italian restaurant) to sprinkle flour onto my meat.
- Sprinkle meat with flour.
- Dip the cutlets into the egg and then into the cracker crumbs.
- Place the breaded cutlets on a platter and let rest in the refridgerator for 15 minutes or longer.
- This helps the breading stay on the cutlets.
- If your in a hurry you can skip this step just make sure the meat is cooked on one side before turning or you will loose the breading.
- Fry cutlet in oil until golden brown.
- Place on a paper lined platter, and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Heat gravy with mushrooms.
- Serve cutlet and pass the gravy to put on top of the meat.
This was really good. The crackers gave the meat a nice flavor. I didn't have mushrooms so I just served the beef gravy as is. Very tasty and delicious.