Recipe by Jenn_Chelle
This recipe was emailed to me, but I’ve made a few changes here and there. My husband and I both love this, and I hope you do, too!
Top Review by Julie F
I was so pleased with the way this recipe turned out. I was looking for something quick and easy but somewhat authentic without velveeta or canned soup. I came across this one and followed it exactly except for omitting the onion out of laziness. It was well received by everyone and so easy to put together. I will be making this again! Thanks for sharing.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup bottled picante sauce
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese (1/3 less fat)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin or 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 (6 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1 (8 ounce) can enchilada sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat until hot.
- Add onion and saute until tender.
- Add the shredded chicken, 3/4 cup of the cheddar cheese, picante sauce, cream cheese, and cumin.
- Cook until the cheese melts, stirring constantly.
- Place even amounts of the chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla and roll up.
- Place in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish which has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour the enchilada sauce evenly over top, and sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Cover and bake for around 15 minutes or until cheese melts.