Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A simple 4-ingredient dish, I usually have these ingredients on hand in the fridge, freezer or pantry for a last-minute dinner emergency. This was modified from a recipe that called for ground beef.
- 450 g ground chicken
- 650 ml chunky salsa, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 12 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- In large skillet, brown chicken. Add 1/2 cup each of the salsa and cheese, and mix well.
- Spread 1/2 cup of remaining salsa onto bottom of 9x13" baking dish.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the meat mixture down the centre of each tortilla. Roll tortillas and place, seam sides down, in baking dish. Top with remaining salsa and cheese.
- Bake in preheated 350F oven for 20 mins or until heated through.
My family loved these enchiladas. The only change I made was I didn't add salsa to the bottom & top of the enchiladas. Served with sour cream as a topper. Great Recipe... Thanks... I just made these for the second time & they were even better than the first time. I cooked a package of Lipton Taco Rice & added it in with the chicken mixture before I put it into the tortillas. Yum!
My DH took ONE bite and exclaimed "5 stars"! This is so simple to prepare. I used both mild and hot salsa and also added some onions while browning the chicken. This was perfect baking for 25 mins at 300 degrees. Thanks so much for this award-winning, simple and AMAZING recipe! We love it!
This is one of those dishes that's a cooking life saver. It's simple, with just four ingredients, and can be put together in no time. I didn't know what to make and I had some minced/ground chicken in the fridge and hubby wanted Mexican so we did a search and found this recipe. I had everything at home and thought WOW what a wonderful find! I followed the recipe as is and the whole family really enjoyed it. Thank you catht