This is loosely based upon a recipe that I found almost 30 years ago in the KC newspaper. Over the years it has further evolved and is still a family favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix Chicken, 1 cup cheese and chopped tomatoes.
- 2Completely, but lightly cover both sides of one tortilla with cooking spray like PAM, then place the tortilla on a microwave-safe plate.
- 3Completely but lightly cover one side of the next tortilla and place it atop the first tortilla, sprayed side up. Repeat above step until all tortillas are stacked, then microwave the entire stack on high for 5 minutes and allow to cool.
- 4Fill tortillas with chicken mixture; roll up and place in an ungreased 9 x 13-inch pan.
- 5Heat sour cream and enchilada sauce in a pan and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- 6Pour over enchiladas.
- 7Use remaining cheese to sprinkle over sauce.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- 9Cheese will be hot and bubbly.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 612.4
- Calories from Fat 353
- Total Fat 39.2 g
- Saturated Fat 23.0 g
- Cholesterol 100.4 mg
- Sodium 978.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 24.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: