Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is loosely based upon a recipe that I found almost 30 years ago in the KC newspaper. Over the years it has further evolved and is still a family favorite.
- Mix Chicken, 1 cup cheese and chopped tomatoes.
- Completely, but lightly cover both sides of one tortilla with cooking spray like PAM, then place the tortilla on a microwave-safe plate.
- Completely but lightly cover one side of the next tortilla and place it atop the first tortilla, sprayed side up. Repeat above step until all tortillas are stacked, then microwave the entire stack on high for 5 minutes and allow to cool.
- Fill tortillas with chicken mixture; roll up and place in an ungreased 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Heat sour cream and enchilada sauce in a pan and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour over enchiladas.
- Use remaining cheese to sprinkle over sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Cheese will be hot and bubbly.
it was gooey. the tortillas were just mush.
Fabulous easy weeknight meal!!! I've made this with leftover carnitas, and with shredded chicken. I've used lowfat cheese and lowfat sour cream each time. Once, I didn't have quite enough sour cream on hand and added a little milk to the enchilada sauce, and we liked it that way even better. This is a quick, tasty, versitile recipe. Thanks so much for sharing!