Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I serve this with refried beans, tortilla chips, and some Mexican rice.
- 12 fajita style tortillas
- 4 -5 large boneless chicken breasts
- 3 (10 ounce) cans enchilada sauce, the spiciness is up to you
- 1 lb fiesta style Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grill the chicken breasts until the outside is completely white. (if the outside is golden brown, then the chicken will be dry when done) After the chicken is done, cut the breasts into 1x1-inch squares.
- *Optional* You can also marinade the chicken in one of the cans of enchilada sauce. if you do, then save the sauce after the chicken marinades.
- Put about one handful of chicken into a tortilla shell along with a little cheese.
- Roll the tortilla tightly and place in a non-greased, glass, 9x13-inch pan.
- Repeat until all the chicken and tortilla shells are in the pan.
- If you marinaded the chicken, put the remaining two cans of enchilada sauce and the one can you used to marinade on top of the tortilla shells. Make sure the sauce seeps into the sides and in between the shells. Otherwise, it'll all rest on top. The bottom will be too dry and clean up will be harder.
- When all three cans are evenly throughout the shells, cover the top with the rest of the cheese (some people like a lot of cheese, other don't like a lot of cheese. The amount that goes on top is up to you).
- Lastly, put the enchiladas into the oven for 30min or until all the cheese on top is melted.
- Let stand for about five minute This is so the cheese hardens just a little and won't fall off when you serve.