Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a belly warmer! Kids will enjoy this rich soup too!
- 21 1⁄2 ounces cream of chicken soup (2 cans, condensed, sodium reduced)
- 10 ounces enchilada sauce (can use canned)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (reduced fat)
- 2 cups chicken, chopped (rotisserie from deli)
- 3⁄4 cup tortilla chips (crushed)
- In a 3 quart saucepan, mix all ingredients except tortilla chips.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated and cheese is melted. Top individual serving with tortilla chips. T.
- This make 6 1-cup servings.
I had a different recipe picked out for last night for Enchilada Soup but ran out of time to start it in the crock pot so I found this recipe. I didn't have already cooked chicken so I diced chicken breast really small and simmered it in about a cup of water for 20 minutes then added the rest of the ingredients. I used a bigger can of enchilada sauce and used Velveeta. We garnished it with sour cream and shredded cheese. Everyone loved this! Most of us dipped it up with the tortilla chips as Buggsy Mate recommended and even my 3-year old granddaughters ate a ton! It was SO easy and so fantastic that we will have this again!
Very good and easy to make. I had frozen cooked chicken in the freezer so this was easy to put together. I followed the recipe exactly as written. Simple and quick to make. Everyone enjoyed it. Made as a Pressie for Aus/NZ Swap.
This soup is a "Busy Mom's" dream come true! It is very quick and easy to prepare, but definitely does not skimp on flavor! I did not crush the tortilla chips because I knew my kids would enjoy dipping their chips in the soup. The only thing I added to the soup was some fresh snipped cilantro for some added color and flavor. Thanks Chili Spice for a wonderful recipe to add to our keep file. Made for the Aus/Nz Swap 19