Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
The taste of enchiladas in a creamy, cheesy dip! I'm still not quite sure how the bf and I came up with it, but it started with a craving and ended with us dragging everything out of the pantry to try to find something to appease us! Can be made in the microwave or crockpot. Great use for leftover chicken!
- 1 (14 ounce) can enchilada sauce (I use Old El Paso)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, diced
- tortilla chips
- For the microwave:.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, blend together the cream of chicken soup and the cream cheese, breaking the cream cheese up with the back of the spoon, if necessary.
- Carefully add enchilada sauce, chicken, chiles and cheddar cheese.
- Heat in microwave for 2 minutes.
- Remove with hot pads and stir.
- Return to microwave and heat for 1 minute intervals, removing from microwave to stir, until the cheese is completely melted and the dip is heated all the way through.
- Directions for Crock Pot:.
- In a medium mixing bowl, blend together the cream of chicken soup and the cream cheese, breaking the cream cheese up with the back of the spoon, if necessary.
- Add cream cheese/soup mixture to crockpot.
- Carefully add enchilada sauce, chicken, chiles and cheddar cheese to the crock pot.
- Heat on low for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. (Remember, this will differ by crockpot, so please take your own crockpot into account!).
- This method is great for parties!