Recipe by Secnd2sdaynxtwek
I got this recipe from a bridal shower I attended many years ago. It has always been a family favorite. I boil the chicken breasts as the meat stays so moist this way. Very simple and quite tasty. Prep time excludes cooking and cooling time for the chicken.
Top Review by JosShavaughn
I've made this dish about twice in a week and a half because I just loved it so much. It's just awesome. I'm 24 and I'm teaching myself to cook new and different foods so when I have kids I'll be one of those mom's where once my kids leave home they actually want to come back for my home cooking. I have to say that this is definetly going to be a family favorite.
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 ounces chopped green chilies
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) soup can milk
- Velveeta cheese
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) bag tortilla chips
- salsa or picante sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil chicken breasts, cool, debone, and coarsely chop.
- Crush enough tortilla chips to cover bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Layer chicken over the chips.
- Mix together onion, green chilies, soup, and milk.
- Pour over the chicken.
- Place Velveeta slices all over the top.
- Crush enough tortilla chips to cover the cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Garnish with salsa and sour cream.