Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe from a bridal shower I attended many years ago. It has always been a family favorite. I boil the chicken breasts as the meat stays so moist this way. Very simple and quite tasty. Prep time excludes cooking and cooling time for the chicken.
- Boil chicken breasts, cool, debone, and coarsely chop.
- Crush enough tortilla chips to cover bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Layer chicken over the chips.
- Mix together onion, green chilies, soup, and milk.
- Pour over the chicken.
- Place Velveeta slices all over the top.
- Crush enough tortilla chips to cover the cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Garnish with salsa and sour cream.
I've made this dish about twice in a week and a half because I just loved it so much. It's just awesome. I'm 24 and I'm teaching myself to cook new and different foods so when I have kids I'll be one of those mom's where once my kids leave home they actually want to come back for my home cooking. I have to say that this is definetly going to be a family favorite.