I got this recipe from a bridal shower I attended many years ago. It has always been a family favorite. I boil the chicken breasts as the meat stays so moist this way. Very simple and quite tasty. Prep time excludes cooking and cooling time for the chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil chicken breasts, cool, debone, and coarsely chop.
- 2Crush enough tortilla chips to cover bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- 3Layer chicken over the chips.
- 4Mix together onion, green chilies, soup, and milk.
- 5Pour over the chicken.
- 6Place Velveeta slices all over the top.
- 7Crush enough tortilla chips to cover the cheese.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- 9Garnish with salsa and sour cream.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 524.3
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 73.3 mg
- Sodium 644.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 27.8 g