Recipe by Juenessa
This recipe is from the test kitchens of Taste of Home. I have made it several times and we always enjoy it!
Top Review by Mary K. W.
The blend of flavors in this dish is really very good. The combination of cheeses is very nice. It's easy and quick to make and a nice variation for chicken. I must add, however, that I thought it was a little dry. I knew there was no way we could use 12 to 15 servings, so I cut the recipe in half, except for the soup (no point using just a 1/2 can of soup). I'm afraid if I had made the entire recipe it would have been very dry. I re-read the recipe several times to make sure I hadn't missed adding some liquid, but doesn't appear that I missed anything. Maybe that's just a personal taste. I will probabaly make again, but will add more liquid. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained (optional)
- 1 (2 ounce) jar chopped pimiento, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles, cooked and drained (or any kind of noodles you prefer)
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 cups ricotta cheese or 2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the soup, mushrooms, pimientos and basil; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine noodles, chicken and cheeses; add mushroom sauce and mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 13 X 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes longer.
- **Cook time does not include cooking the chicken.