Recipe by Perfect Pixie
These home-made crunchy chicken pieces are a hit with children, they are lower in fat and salt than you would expect.
- 100 g white bread, crusts removed
- 100 g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 large egg whites, lightly whisked
- 4 tablespoons plain flour, lightly seasoned
- 340 g fresh mini breast chicken fillets
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Line a large baking tray with baking parchment.
- Place bread in a blender or food processor and blend to make fine breadcrumbs.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the grated cheese and tip onto a large plate.
- Place the egg white and flour in 2 separate shallow bowls.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the flour first to lightly dust then dip into the egg whites and finally into the cheesy breadcrumbs, turning to evenly coat.
- Place on prepared baking tray.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the chicken is thoroughly cooked, there is no pink meat and the juices run clear when pierced with a sharp knife.
- Serve the chicken dippers with tomato sauce or mayonnaise.