Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These home-made crunchy chicken pieces are a hit with children, they are lower in fat and salt than you would expect.
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Line a large baking tray with baking parchment.
- Place bread in a blender or food processor and blend to make fine breadcrumbs.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the grated cheese and tip onto a large plate.
- Place the egg white and flour in 2 separate shallow bowls.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the flour first to lightly dust then dip into the egg whites and finally into the cheesy breadcrumbs, turning to evenly coat.
- Place on prepared baking tray.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the chicken is thoroughly cooked, there is no pink meat and the juices run clear when pierced with a sharp knife.
- Serve the chicken dippers with tomato sauce or mayonnaise.
I was sooo pleased with how these came out! So yummy. I used panko instead of regular breadcrumbs and they were crunch and delicious :)
They were so good! I made them for my grandma's birthday. My family loved them. I made a sour cream dip with a Hidden Valley Ranch packet mixed in the sour cream. It was the best chicken recipe I have ever tried.