Recipe by Kaitor Gator
This is a great football game crock pot dip I created that my husband loves (AND it's healthier than most cheese dips)! I wanted to make something creamy that didn't use processed Velveeta. **Note: Since Recipezaar wasn't able to calculate the cheese into the nutritional data, here is my approximation for the nutrition facts based on Sargento's Reduced Fat 4-Cheese Mexican blend: Add and EXTRA 40 calories, 3g total fat, and 3.5g protein per serving of dip. Hope that helps! :-)
- 2 chicken breasts (I use frozen)
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes, original
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans with green chilies
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Place frozen (or thawed) chicken breasts in crock pot with the garlic and Rotel tomatoes. Cook until chicken is fully cooked and can be shredded easily (mine took about 3 hours on high).
- Shred chicken while it's still in crock pot.
- Add all other ingredients to the chicken/tomato mixture (leave all juices that were created) and continue to cook on low until the dip is hot and creamy! I let mine sit in the crock pot on low for about an hour and then switched it to warm until we were ready to eat.