Prep 0 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a great football game crock pot dip I created that my husband loves (AND it's healthier than most cheese dips)! I wanted to make something creamy that didn't use processed Velveeta. **Note: Since Recipezaar wasn't able to calculate the cheese into the nutritional data, here is my approximation for the nutrition facts based on Sargento's Reduced Fat 4-Cheese Mexican blend: Add and EXTRA 40 calories, 3g total fat, and 3.5g protein per serving of dip. Hope that helps! :-)
- 2 chicken breasts (I use frozen)
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes, original
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans with green chilies
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- Place frozen (or thawed) chicken breasts in crock pot with the garlic and Rotel tomatoes. Cook until chicken is fully cooked and can be shredded easily (mine took about 3 hours on high).
- Shred chicken while it's still in crock pot.
- Add all other ingredients to the chicken/tomato mixture (leave all juices that were created) and continue to cook on low until the dip is hot and creamy! I let mine sit in the crock pot on low for about an hour and then switched it to warm until we were ready to eat.
This is the best dip that I have ever tasted. Much better than Veleeta based dips and healthier too!