Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made this for my boyfriend's mother, and she went BANANAS! She's asked me to make it for her four times since her first taste.
- 18 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 15 ounces refried beans
- 1 large avocado
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and cut up
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces hot sauce, those little Taco Bell sauces that everyone has laying around work great
- Melt cheese in medium sized microwave safe bowl.
- In separate bowl, mix beans with onion powder, garlic powder, and salt.
- Blend avocado into the bean mix.
- Once cheese is melted, mix bean and avocado mix into cheese dish, blend well.
- Mix in chicken.
- Drizzle hot sauce over the top of the dish.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
I tried it and this was very good. I took it to a small gathering and everyone loved it! It's best if you keep it heated as it's hard to scoop if it cools. I bought avocado tortilla chips from Trader Joe's to go with it and it was a real hit! I'm going to use the left over dip as a spread on corn tortillas and add some taco seasoned ground turkey as a filling. Thanks for posting!